Contact us at:

From the Pastor


Watch Catholic TV

Saint Mary Church

Saint Mary Church, dedicated in 1888, was the third St. Mary’s in the parish. By the late 1800s, parishioners had outgrown the smaller St. Mary’s (now demolished), established in 1828 as the first Catholic church in Charlestown. It stood not far away, on Richmond Street (now Rutherford Avenue) near Union Street, and served both Charlestown and Craigie’s Point (now Lechmere’s Point) in Cambridge. Small, simple and beloved, it was only 26 years younger than the first cathedral in Boston.

Please read about the creation of the Church here!