St. Mary St. Catherine of Siena
A Roman Catholic Parish in Charlestown, Massachusetts
Sunday Mass will be at 10:30 am!
Please check this page for in-person attendance at daily Mass in St. Catherine’s chapel.
We had a very successful re-opening of St. Mary’s on May 31st with full adoption of the procedures outlined below. If you plan to attend Mass in person here are the new protocols for appropriate social distancing as mandated by the state. We continue to make every effort to make our Church as safe as possible by sanitizing pews, railings, doorknobs, and other surfaces before and after Mass.
Significant precautions will be taken when providing Holy Communion.
An essential part of our plan requires your cooperation.
Setting regulations and asking you to comply with them seems so contrary to our Parish’s welcoming spirit but it is necessary for the well being of all who attend. Knowing our parishioners as we do, we are confident of your cooperation. Please review the following:
- Masks which cover your nose and mouth, must be worn by all adults and children 2 years and older. Please have them on before you arrive.
- We will have greeters outside the Church to welcome you and direct you into the Church building.
- Additional volunteers inside will assist you in identifying appropriate seating.
- Please sanitize your hands as you enter the Church. You will find some as you enter and on the tables at the back of the Church.
- In addition to frequently sanitizing your hands, it is very helpful to you to not touch your face to the extent possible.
- Appropriate social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet between non-family members is required while you are in the Church and as you are entering and exiting the building. We are blessed to have such a magnificent and spacious place to worship at St. Mary’s. The size of our church will enable us to configure seating arrangements which will maintain social distancing during Mass. Designated benches will be marked to ensure this distancing and directions will be given at Communion time to this end as well.
- The use of missalettes and children’s books and coloring books are suspended as they are a means of transmitting disease.
- For the safety of the children, gathering at the back of the Church is suspended. Children and families will be seated together in a pew.