St. Mary St. Catherine of Siena
A Roman Catholic Parish in Charlestown, Massachusetts
Sunday Masses are at 10:30 am and 6:00 pm! The 10:30 Mass is live streamed and open to attendance following the guidelines.
For now, daily Mass from St. Catherine’s Chapel is live streamed only.
We continue to make every effort to make our Church as safe as possible by sanitizing pews, railings, doorknobs, and other surfaces before and after Mass.
An essential part of our plan requires the cooperation of all who attend Mass. Please review the following directives as set forth by State, Local, and Archdiocesan officials:
- Masks which cover your nose and mouth must be worn by all adults and children 2 years and older. Please have them on before you arrive.
- Please sanitize your hands as you enter the Church. You will find some at the bottom of the stairs.
- Volunteers in the Church are available to assist you in identifying appropriate seating.
- In addition to frequently sanitizing your hands, it is very helpful to you to not touch your face to the extent possible.
- Appropriate social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet between non-family members is required while you are in the Church and as you are entering and exiting the building.
- We are blessed to have such a magnificent and spacious place to worship at St. Mary’s. The size of our church enables us to configure seating arrangements which maintain social distancing during Mass. Designated benches are marked to ensure this distancing and directions will be given at Communion time to this end as well.
- The use of missalettes and children’s books and coloring books are suspended as they are a means of potentially transmitting disease.
- For the safety of the children, gathering at the back of the Church is suspended. Children and families will be seated together in a pew.